The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry – Chinese Food
The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipes (25mins)
Ingredients (Servings 4)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- hot cooked rice
I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn’t call for any unusual ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Review – The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipes
It was pretty easy! I don’t think I’ll order out anymore! I let the inexpensive meat marinade for a while. And it turned out very tender. I wasn’t sure which sauce other readers used so i used both. It was a little salty but nothing to complain about. I just won’t use the soy sauce mixture as a marinade. I will use this again and again until I get it just right!
Great recipe. We all loved it but thought it was slightly too sweet, so next time will try reducing the brown sugar a bit. Very easy to prepare and not time consuming.
I don’t make too many recipes from the internet but I was in the mood to make this dish. I searched for the best one and when I saw that this one had the highest ratings, I decided to try it. It’s a simple recipe and it didn’t take long to make at all; there weren’t too many ingredients and the directions are clear. It turned out delicious. The hot cooked rice I used was jasmine rice which to me, complimented the dish. I will definitely recommend this recipe to anyone in the mood for a Chinese dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe and making it simple.
Really easy recipe that tastes great! Marinated the meat in the soy sauce and brown sugar mix one hour before cooking. Doubled the sauce as others recommended. Made it twice in one week since everyone in my family demanded it again.
This recipe deserves every one of its five stars. I did almost everything possible to have this turn out horrible- cheap beef accidentally left in the fridge for several days after defrosting; frozen broccoli “pieces” with nary a floret in site; forgot to stir fry the broccoli and onions just dumped them straight in with the sauce. It didn’t matter, this recipe was still delicious. Even my boyfriend, the pickiest of eaters, went back for seconds!
Thanks for sharing this recipe! I too am from Kansas! Since I retired I try to make dinner at least once a week for my wife. She has been craving stir-fry so I ltried a packaged dry sauce and it was horrible so I went online and found your recipe. It was not only easy but very tasty and my wife was pleased. Thanks you!! Rick!!