Chinatown Chicken Salad – Chinese Food
Chinatown Chicken Salad Recipes
- 1⁄16cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄16lb bean sprouts
- 1⁄4cup cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄2cup iceberg lettuce or 1⁄2 cupromaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄8to taste nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄8green onions, sliced
- 1⁄16cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 8(7/8 inch) wonton wrappers(AZUMAYA brand)
- 1⁄4teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄16cup plum sauce
- 1⁄16teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray large (4”)custard cups or foil tart pans with oil.
- Cut wrappers into 6” circles.( use the top of a 6″ bowl for a pattern.
- Fit each into pans/cups.(Edges will be ruffled).
- Lightly spray each wrapper.
- Bake until golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Remove to cool; store in airtight container until ready to fill.
- Combine chicken, lettuce, bean sprouts, onions and cilantro in large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl or jar until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon one cup into each shell and sprinkle with peanuts to serve.
Review – Chinatown Chicken Salad Recipes
1 – Review by ~Nimz~
We loved this salad. Dave gave me a strange look when I placed the wonton filled with the salad on his plate. He said “Is that all I get” LOL They are very small portions, which was perfect for me. I only added 1 tsp of the sesame oil to the dressing and that was plenty for us. Thanks for another great salad Caroline
2 – Review by GaylaJ
We loved this salad. I followed the recipe (using romaine lettuce), but just had to add more chopped peanuts–I love them and love the crunch they add. 🙂 The wonton cups make a nice presentation. Thanks for sharing the recipe!