Chinese Chopped Salad – Chinese Food
Chinese Chopped Salad Recipes (15mins)
Ingredients (Servings 6 – 8)
- 1 head lettuce, favorite type, torn into bit-sized pieces
- 1(8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1⁄2–3⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and light green parts
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seedsDRESSING
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients EXCEPT sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle top w/ sesame seeds and serve.
Reviews – Chinese Chopped Salad Recipes
This was really great! I added chicken and didn’t have any sesame seeds, so I added toasted sesame oil instead. This was wonderful! Thanks for the great salad recipe.
What not to like about this salad. Flavors were awesome together. I left out the water chestnuts and didn’t have chow mein noodles so used some toasted Romen noodles, and salted peanuts for the cashews because that is what I had. I also used splenda in the dressing. We loved it. Thanks Parsley.
This was delicious! I made a huge bowl of it. My DD saw it and took a bite, then started scarfing it down, which was okay cause I made alot. Then my DS came along and took a bite. He rushed to the kitchen to get him self a bowl. I let him have some too. Then my DH wandered in and took a bite….well, I did get some! I left out the sesame seeds(I was sure I had some!).Loved it! Thanks!