Chinese Fragrant Spareribs – Chinese Food
Chinese Fragrant Spareribs Recipes (7hr)
Ingredients (Servings 8)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs, cut into single ribs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup plum jelly
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- In a small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, plum jelly, water, sherry, garlic, and five-spice powder until jelly dissolves.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into a resealable plastic ziplock bag, and add ribs.
- Seal bag and coat ribs with sauce, and allow to marinate 3-6 hours, or overnight.
- Place ribs on a foil-lined baking pan, and cover with foil; reserving marinade.
- Bake ribs at 450°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs from oven, and discard top foil.
- Drain liquids from baking pan, and turn ribs.
- Bake ribs at 350°F for 15-30 minutes more, or until ribs are cooked through, basting several times with reserved marinade.
Very good! It was my first time using 5-spice powder. I may lower the amt next time as I found it a little powerful. Still enjoyed the ribs & the aroma was wonderful. Thanks!
I too was at the ponderorsa Tapas party and really enjoyed these ribs. I too felt they were a little salty, but I am not a salt person, I would make them using lite soy sauce and probably come back and change this rating to a 5 star. I think the cook times and temps may have been off too, I dont think the oven was ever up to 450, and I dont think they were in the oven a total of 45 mins, maybe just watch them closely. Great flavor, probably would be good on chicken too!
Made these for the Tapas Party at CountryLadys. Wonderful aroma to the marinade and tasted just as good. I did use plum sauce as that was what I had on hand and made no difference to the taste I believe. I did add a little extra of everything as there did not seem to be enough marinade for the amount of ribs I had and think I would increase the water a bit so as the soy sauce is not over powering. First time I have used five-spice and loved the smell and taste. Look forward to using it in other recipes.
I just loved these spareribs.I had them at Countrylady,s Tapas Party.Tiggrr made them for the get-together.They are yummy