Chinese Green Beans – Chinese Food
Chinese Green Beans Recipes
- 1lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄2teaspoon sesame oil
- 1teaspoon gingerroot, peeled, minced
- 1⁄4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2tablespoons water
- vegetable oil cooking spray or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2teaspoon brown sugar
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- Wash beans, trim ends and remove strings.
- Arrange beans in a vegetable steamer (or a colander that will sit nicely in saucepan), and place over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water, drain again.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet (or wok) with cooking spray or peanut oil and heat until hot.
- Add gingerroot and garlic and saute 30 secs.
- Add beans, saute 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and remaining 5 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Add to beans, cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
Delicious and spicy green beans, just like your favorite Chinese restaurant. Be careful with the sesame oil, or it can overpower your beans. Prep time includes steaming the beans.
Reviews – Chinese Green Beans Recipes
1 – Review by mommyoffour
These were very good. I did enjoy them, I just made them too early and they got cold before we sat down to eat….not the recipes fault but my own. I will make these again and add a bit more red pepper. Thank you for sharing this recipe withus.
2 – Review by funthymecookin’
3 – Review by LB in Middle Georgia
These were very good one of my Christmas day guests husband is from china and she said they were very authentic. I also loved the flavor but thought that the beans could be cooked longer for my preference. Thanks for the recipe
4 – Review by Laura Lu
This was SO tastey! I think I too could have cooked steamed them a little longer, but the best part is, I didn’t make an entire lb. of beans so I had a good amount of sauce to REALLY coat the beans. This sauce is SO GOOD! I am going to use the same recipe to make beef with broccoli!! I bet that would be great! The sauce would really stick to the broccoli. YUM! Thanks BOX O’WINE! I’m going to see if you have any more recipes!
5 – Review by Kamark
This is a wonderful green bean recipe! Next time we’ll add toasted sesame seeds, but otherwise we won’t change a thing.
6 – Review by Ilysse
I really enjoyed these. The flavors balanced nicely, not too much of this or that. I did change this slightly by using sesame oil in place of peanut oil since a)I didn’t have peanut oil and b)we LOVE sesame oil. I also tossed in some toasted sesame seed as I tossed it all together. Great recipe, will be making this again. Thanks
7 – Review by Jess_WI
8 – Review by AuntMare
These were really good! I had to use frozen green bean which I thawed before adding to the wok and used ground ginger instead of fresh. The whole family enjoyed these with Asian Pork Tenderloin #54114 and rice. This was a great meal, no leftovers!
9 – Review by beckas
Yum! This recipe turned ordinary frozen green beans into a flavorful dish. I doubled the sauce ingredients for 1.5 pounds of frozen green beans and the flavor was perfect. Thanks for sharing!
And more Review…