Chinese Hash – Chinese Food
Chinese Hash Recipes
Ingredients (Serving 4)
- 1⁄2lb hamburger
- 1⁄2small onion, chopped
- 1stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4cup raw rice (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1(4 7/8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1(4 7/8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1cup water
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2to taste chow mein noodles (the crunchy ones)
- Brown hamburger and onions.
- Add celery, rice, soups, water and sauces.
- Pour into a sprayed 13×9 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for an hour, stirring a couple of times during cooking.
- Top with chow mein noodles and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
Reviews – Chinese Hash Recipes
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars. Often do you find a good recipe, but when you get one (that seems a little odd with all the cream soups yet it’s a chinese dish) and everyone is saying it’s delicious, that’s an amazing recipe. Especially considering my picky family. The only thing I did differently was I added a lot more vegetables. A third stick of celery, a cup and a half of chopped carrots and 1 1/2 cups of thawed out broccoli. I lowered the water to 1 1/2 cups because of the amount of water the vegetables would give off and voila! One hour later and spooned over chow mein noodles (a must have to fully enjoy this recipe) it was fab! Thanks, it’ll be a permanent recipe for my family!
Very good! simple! kids loved it! Will definitely make again! i did add sliced water chestnuts just because i had them and the kids added more chow mein noodles. thanks for the recipe!
You’re right, it’s not really chinese, but it sure should be! This is great. Had it last night. I did change one thing, instead of putting the chow mein noodles on top, I put them on my plate and piled the hash on top. MMMMMMM! Sprinkled soy sauce on and chowed down. Most definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing