Chinese Hot Pots-Gluten-Free and Low-Carb – Chinese Food
Chinese Hot Pots-Gluten-Free and Low-Carb Recipes
Ingredients (Servings – 6)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, cracked
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 8 ounces mushrooms, any variety
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 -5 slices fresh ginger
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 5 ounces bean thread noodles
- 4 baby bok choy
- 6 cups water
- garlic and red chile paste
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to a boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until just cooked through. Add the noodles. Stir, then cover and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile chop all the veggies and place in serving bowls.
- When ready to serve, allow each person to fill their bowls with fresh vegetables and a bit of chile sauce.
- Then ladle the scalding hot soup over the veggies and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix and eat!
Classic Chinese hot pots are a method of making soup in which you gently cook raw veggies in your serving bowl by pouring hot broth over the top, and allowing them to steep. Hot pots are a fun interactive meal that allow each individual to personalize their bowl with favorite ingredients and spice.