Chinese Style Fried Pork Chops – Chinse Food
Chinese Style Fried Pork Chops Recipes (25mins)
Ingredients (Servings 4)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 pork chops or 4 pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- oil (for frying)
- 1 dash pepper or 1 dash five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Savory with just a hint of sweetness, this pork chop is one of my husband’s favorites. It whips up in no time and served with a quickly stir-fried veggie and rice, it makes a complete meal in under 30 minutes.
- Tenderize meat pork with a meat mallet. If you’re short on time, pound to at least 1/4 inch thickness or thinner.
- Mix together all the ingredients except cornstarch and oil and pour over pork. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. (I’ve marinated it as long as 1 day and as little as 10 minutes.).
- Just before frying, pour cornstarch on top of pork and stir into marinade.
- Heat enough oil in a large skillet to cover bottom. Place pork in pan when oil begins to shimmer. Cook pork chops over med-high heat until cooked through.
Reviews – Chinese Style Fried Pork Chops Recipes
These chops were delicious. Usually I make a sauce to go with pork chops but this was great without any. Served these with sautéed onions on top! Thanks!
Yum! i did tweak it a little. used brown sugar instead of regular, i do that with any recipe. also, i didn’t have rice wine, and it was fine without it. added a little worcestshire. didn’t have 5 spice, used fresh ground pepper, cinnamon, and ground red pepper (i like spicy). almost added some sriracha hot sauce, but thought that was getting a little too much lol. not the first time i’ve made it and have marinated it for as little as 30 minutes with it still tasting awesome!
This recipe was wild! I made my own 5 spice powder (dash cinn, cloves anise, & fennel) and used a pork roast that I ran out of time and it was the only thing out. Sliced it in strips and hammered it. It was sweet, then it was savory, just really different. Thanks sharing!
This was very nice. I used pork steaks that I tenderized with a mallet. I used the five-spice powder and followed your directions as written. These came out tasty, tender and it was easy to make. I served them with Baby Bok Choy Saute with Mushrooms and jasmine rice. My family was very pleased. Thank you for posting.
This is a GREAT recipe! My dad has always HATED pork and this got a 10! It is also very versatile. I’ve maid it with corn and potatoes, chinese food, various barbequed items,etc.. Great recipe,very easy. USE AN APRON
This was soo good! We had thawed pork chops with nothing special so I decided to look for a chinese pork chop recipie. And thus I found this one. I add more pepper, cayane, and some pepper flakes to make is more spicy for my taste. 😀