Chinese Sugar Snap Pea Salad – Chinese Food
Chinese Sugar Snap Pea Salad Recipes (45Mins)
Ingredients (Servings 6)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup julienne cut red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup drained sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, i usually shred them (match sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
I wish I could remember where this salad originated from!! I’ve been making it for several years. Hubby and I are fans of salads that aren’t made with mayo.
- To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small sauce pan over med heat, add ginger; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper, cook 1 minute more. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cool.
- To prepare the salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds.** Drain and rinse in cold water. combine peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- **I’ve also cooked them in a ‘made for the microwave’ pot.
- They steam better!
Reviews – Chinese Sugar Snap Pea Salad Recipes
Oh this is sooo good!!! My favorite flavors & lots of pretty veggies. I skipped the shrooms because I just don’t like them. I got prepackaged julienned carrots. Nice & simple. And this recipe multiplies very easily. Thanks, Sistah!
I really like this! I planned on one serving and had second helpings! The flavors and the texture were perfect!! Thanks Katie!
After trimming and rinsing the peas, I put them in a microwave safe dish, covered and microwave for about 2 minutes. Drizzled with the dressing and had a beautiful, crunchy salad.
Yummy! I love the squeaky crisp crunch of the peas! Flavored just right.I sauteed the red bell peppers and mushrooms while I microwaved the peas for 2 minutes then tossed all together.