Chinese True Lemon Chicken – Chinese Food
Chinese True Lemon Chicken Recipes (30 mins)
Ingredients (Servings 2)
- 2boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemons, juice of or 3 tablespoonsbottled lemon juice
- cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄8 cup lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- water, to thicken
- CHICKEN: Saute cubed chicken in olive oil until done.
- Set aside.
- SAUCE: In a small sauce pan, combine first 7 ingredients and bring to a low boil.
- Slowly stir in cornstarch solution.
- Depending on how thick you want the sauce determines how much cornstarch solution you use.
- Careful- sauce tends to boil up when cornstarch solution is added.
- Serve chicken over a bed of rice.
- Pour sauce over chicken& riceEnjoy!
WOW!!! I love this recipe! If you love lemon chicken, you will love this recipe. I took the suggestions of others and cut the chicken in thin slices. I rolled the chicken in flour, egg, and panko bread crumbs and browned them in olive oil. I love the crunch! I served the chicken over a bed of lettuce and rice and poured the sauce on top. YUM! Thanks for sharing!
This is the best lemon sauce ever! I love Chinese lemon chicken and have been searching for a good sauce. Now, I have found it! I cut my chicken breast into thin slices, do the flour, egg, panko bread crumb routine and brown them. This makes a crispy crust, more like restaurant style, without the deep frying. I also serve the chicken (topped with sauce) over a bed of shredded iceburg lettuce, just because that’s how I’ve had Chinese takeout. Serve with white rice and soy sauce. Thanks so much for this recipe!
Easy and so much healthier than take-out. I toss cubed chicken in a mix of flour and lemon pepper before sauteeing in evoo. I make sauce with 2/3 cup of Splenda instead of sugar, that’s plenty sweet for us. One time I didn’t use the full amount of lemon juice and regretted it, now I will stick to the full amount for full tanginess! Thanks for a keeper!
This was really good. I’ve made it several times now and even tried the sauce with some frozen chicken nuggets/strips I have. Worked great that way too.
I really enjoyed the sauce on this chicken. The chicken itself was a bit dry so next time I would cook it directly in the sauce and would not saute’ it separately.