Combination Fried Rice – Chinese Food
Combination Fried Rice Recipes
Ingredients (servings 4)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped cooked meat, poultry or 1 cup shrimp
- 1 teaspoon packaged asian chili-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes; add eggs and gently stir 1 minute or until softly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet; chop.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; add onion, garlic and bell pepper and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add chopped cooked meat and peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice, soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce; stir-fry 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in eggs. Garnish with green onions.
Use a mix of whatever meat you have on hand. Can use store-bought spicy chili-garlic (Sriracha) or can use Asian Garlic Sauce as a sub. Don’t omit it!!!
Reviews – Combination Fried Rice Recipes
Excellent fried rice recipe. I made as written, using sauteed bacon as the meat and Lee Kum Kee chilli-garlic sauce. From now on I plan to have extra cooked rice on hand, so I can make this often.
LOVED THIS!! I forgot the green onion but I didn’t need it. I made the garlic sauce, but it kinda “lumped up”, so I added it plus commercial bottled chili sauce. Still came out wonderful!! Thanks so much!!
Really good fried rice. I cut the amount of soy sauce in half, and served the chili garlic sauce on the side to be stirred in because I had 4 year old mouths to feed tonight. I also added some carrots to the mix. I sliced the green onions, and then forgot about them! So we enjoyed this without the garnishment! Thanks for sharing!
Great fried rice!! I made mine with a different kind of meat than normally found in fried rice by using bacon, yummy!!! I fried it up first, then fried the eggs in the bacon drippings. I used a combination of frozen peas/carrots but otherwise made as written. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was an excellent dish gailanng. My dh ate most of it in one sitting, said he was going to take the leftovers for lunch… next time I knew, he was eating the leftovers also…said he couldn’t help himself…it was just too good. He has asked me to make it again this weekend. I used shrimps and omitted the peas, I didn’t have any, I also used orange sweet peppers, it was all that I had in the house. Didn’t change any of the seasonings. It was perfect. Quick and very easy to throw together. Thanks for sharing.
This was very good rice. I used boneless pork chops, cubed. My nephew said it was about to get too salty. It was fine with me. Next time I’ll use a little less soy sauce. Made for New Kids on the Block.