Family Favorite Sesame Chicken – Chinese Food
Family Favorite Sesame Chicken Recipes
Ingredients (Servings 4)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 dash red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil (to personal taste)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or more is you want a thicker sauce)
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
- gvegetable oil (for frying) or peanut oil (for fryin)
- prepared rice, to serve
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 2 drops sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- cornstarch, to coat
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Combine chicken ingredients except cornstarch and let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove chicken from marinade and toss in cornstarch then cook chicken in hot oil on the stove top until cooked thru. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven while making the sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over med. heat.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water (about 1/4 cup) in a cup until disolved then slowly add to the sauce mixture on the stove and heat until thickened to you liking.
- Add chicken to sauce on the stove until heated thru.
- Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and finally enjoy!
A few months ago I made this great sesame chicken that my mother and I loved…. problem was it was one of those dinners where I added a little of this… a little of that…. and could not for the life of me remember what on earth I put in it!! So after months of tinkering in the kitchen I FINALLY came up with the recipe last night, and wrote down all the ingredients!! Enjoy!
Reviews – Family Favorite Sesame Chicken Recipes
Great recipe anme, it certainly tasted restaurant worthy to us. What a super recipe. It was quick and easy to make with easy to follow instructions. I started preparations early to allow it to marinade for 8 hours. So glad that I did, it had so much flavor. The recipe was made exactly as written, but used a little less of the 5 spice powder (dh’s personal preference only). The chicken was perfect, moist and tender while the beautiful velvety sauce coated everything. It truly tasted as good as it looked. Thank you for sharing.
This was a hit at our house! I had to be away from the house for about 4 hours before supper, so I made it ahead and put it in my crock pot on the “keep warm” setting, and it was amazing! So tender and delicious! Served it with fresh steamed broccoli over rice noodles.
The five spice makes this dish delicious! I have been looking for that “missing Chinese flavor!” This tasted better than take-out! I didn’t have the suggested sherry wine so just added some red wine. It was divine! Thanks for a super recipe!
This is completely and utterly fantastic. The sauce is exactly what you want when you want sesame chicken. In fact, it is so good, I think you could skip the frying and simply grill the marinated chicken and it would still be wonderful! I doubled the sauce and used fresh ginger, otherwise made as directed and served with fried rice.
This family favorite is restaurant quality for sure! I followed to a tee but used extra garlic & sesame oil. Paired it with brown rice infused w/garlic and chicken broth. This will definitely be on my rotation. Thank you anme for a wonderful 5 star dish!
Overall this was a pretty good recipe. I didn’t have time to marinate the chicken but I didn’t feel like it was missing any flavor. Next time I’ll either use low sodium soy sauce or cut the regular soy with water, thought it was a bit too salty for my taste. I will probably add a little more honey, we’re used to a little bit more sweetness. Other than that, a great recipe!
We really enjoyed this recipe. I made half with chicken and half with tofu and both were very good. I omitted the Chinese Five Spice powder as we do not like it, and served with brown rice. It even got compliments from my picky eater! Will be having this again.