Shazam! Chinese Soup – Chinese Food
Shazam! Chinese Soup Recipes
Ingredients (Serving 2)
- 3 cups water or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 carrot, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger or 3⁄4teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (reduce to 1/2 tsp if you use stock)
I was cleaning out the fridge today and had a few vegetables I didn’t just want to toss so I made this soup. I really surprised myself with this one and I am posting it while it is fresh in my mind. Really good and simple.
- Put water and boullion in a pot and turn heat on high.
- Grate a carrot directly into pot.
- Finely slice cabbage leaving the strips long and toss into the pot.
- Finely dice onion and toss into pot.
- Cut bark off of a 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger. Smash ginger with something heavy like a mallot or with the bottom of a heavy glass measuring cup to pulvarize and chop.
- Toss into the pot.
- Toss Garlic clove into the pot.
- After soup comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Add sesame oil and white pepper and stir.