Stir-Fried Shrimp in Garlic Sauce – Chinese Food
Stir-Fried Shrimp in Garlic Sauce Recipes
Ingredients (Servings 3 -4)
- 10 Thai chiles, stemmed and left whole (optional)
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped (your choice)
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (sambal oelek) (optional)
- hot steamed rice
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste (if using) and sherry; set aside.
- In another small bowl or cup, stir together the tbsp of cornstarch with the 3 tbsp of water and set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok; add ginger and garlic and sizzle briefly, then add vegetables and Thai chilies (if using).
- Stir-fry vegetables for approximately 3 minutes, then add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp 2 minutes or until it curls and turns opaque or pink.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook 1 minute more; then stir in the thickener (briefly stir first) and stir-fry until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Reviews – Stir-Fried Shrimp in Garlic Sauce Recipes
This was to die for good! Quick and easy too! Hubby said was one of the best recipes I’ve cooked and was restaurant quality!! Made mostly as directed, used Saki, doubled sauce as others had suggested and maybe threw in a couple more than 9 cloves of garlic as we love garlic in this house. Also used chili in garlic sauce, and the peppers, except I’m not sure they were Thai, probably were mexican de arbol, which was all I could find at the Kroger. Used a mixture of grated carrots, fresh green beans and red bell pepper for my veggies. Served over flavorful Jasmine rice. Will definitely be making again, and a perfect recipe for guests!
Amazing!! The flavor was WONDERFUL! My boyfriend and I LOVE GARLIC so this hit the spot! I used bak choy, snow peas, and green bell peppers. We’ll probably use red bell peppers next time to add some color to it, but everything just went so perfectly together. Thanks for the recipe! My boyfriend was VERY impressed with this dish…so was I. Yum!!
Delicious! My family loved this flavorful, quick and easy stir-fry. For the vegetables, I used snow peas, mushrooms, red bell pepper, celery, onion, broccoli, and carrots. I used the sake instead of the sherry and peanut oil instead of the vegetable oil. I would love to have added the Thai chiles but my store was out of them. I doubled the recipe and served it over steamed Jasmine rice. Everyone gave this 2-thumbs up! Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe…it is definitely a keeper!
Just needed a quick shrimp stir fry for dinner tonight. Had *most* of the ingredients in hand so I thought I’ll just play it by ear. Things didn’t start out right at first. While mixing the sauce, I mistook a carton of beef broth for chicken broth. But oh well. Didn’t have rice wine vinegar so used white wine vinegar. Didn’t have sherry or sake so just used white wine. Didn’t bother with the chiles as I was cooking for two kids, 7 and 2. But when all was said and done, this actually turned out fantastic! I was so happy that everything came together and the kids and hubby ate without complaint. I’m so glad I found this recipe!