Sweet and Sour Shrimp Fried Rice – Chinese Food
Sweet and Sour Shrimp Fried Rice Recipes
Ingredients (Serving 4)
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 small carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 to taste fresh ginger (walnut size piece)
- 6 tablespoons grated unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 large fresh pineapple
- 2 green onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 to taste soy sauce
- In a saucepan, stir the rice over medium high heat until lightly toasted.
- Add the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, wash, trim and peel the carrots, then cut into slices.
- Halve the bell pepper, remove the seeds, rinse and cut into squares.
- Trim the green onion and cut into thin rings.
- Peel the ginger and cut into very thin strips.
- Peel and halve the pineapple and cut away core and any brown spots.
- Chop flesh of pineapple.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium – high heat.
- Add the carrots, pepper, and green onion and stir-fry briefly.
- Then gradually add the coconut, ginger and bean sprouts sirring continuously.
- Add the cooked rice, pineapple and shrimp.
- Stir – fry until the shrimp just turns opaque.
- Season with soy sauce and serve immediately.
I love this stir-fry! I had to try this, I went to the store just to get the fresh pineapple and bean sprouts to try this recipe, being a huge stir-fry fan I can say this is a fantastic and oh so simple recipe to put together but has lots of flavor, only fresh pineapple will do for this recipe, and do try to use basmati rice! thanks for sharing Leslie!…Kitten:)